We would love for you to come to Shine for a daily blowout (you deserve it, right?), but we get it that sometimes you’re gonna need to blowdry at home. So, is your home blowdryer up to the task? Here are our suggestions for picking the right hair dryer when you want to dazzle at home:
- Tip 1: Not all blowdryers are created equal, and you get what you pay for.
- Tip 2: The more often you use your blowdryer, the more important it is that you own a high quality one. The difference in your end results can be amazing!
- Tip 3: The higher the wattage, the hotter and faster the blowdryer. We recommend using dryers with at least 1800 to 1850 watts for the speediest results.
- Tip 4: Blowdryer design has evolved in recent years, so you want to look for a professional blowdryer with certain traits that can transform your styling process and time. Here are key elements you should look for:
|Ceramic components||Produces softer, more even infrared heat to reduce hot spots. Adds shine and protects hair from heat damage and frizz.|
|Ionic technology||Creates negative ions to help evaporate water in the hair. Ionic dryers smooth hair and lock in moisture while decreasing drying time.|
|Tourmaline||Boosts the production of negative ions, magnifying the effects of the ionic technology for even faster drying and more shine.|
|Titanium||Similar to tourmaline, titanium enhances the production of negative ions, boosting the effect of the ionic technology for reduced dry time and extra shine.|
|Cool Shot Button||Seals the hair cuticle, setting the look for long-lasting hold, and adds shine.|
- Tip 5: Once you’ve found a dryer with the features you want, be sure to go to a store to actually hold the dryer in your hand (or read product reviews) before making your purchase. Blowdrying can be awkward and physically hard work, so finding a dryer that is light weight and comfortable to hold will be key to your happy blowdrying!
Our dryer favorites: We love the BaByliss Pro BABTTW5586 TT Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer. Other great options are the Harry Josh Pro Tools 2000 and the Rusk W8less Professional Lightweight Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer (2000 Watt).